Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Improvements idea

From: Jacques PYRAT
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Improvements idea
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 17:35:16 +0100

Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy) a écrit le 13/12/2015 15:30 :

Hi,

Excuse my english, I read it every day, but don't write often.

I'm using Dolibarr without any plugin since 2013.
It's a source of dilights, and a pain in the ass alltogether

Why is it a pain ?
- link pdf generated have a content disposition that force the download (there is a plugin to handle that : https://www.dolistore.com/fr/modules/340-Aper--u-document-3-3-3-8.html !) (and I use browser extension to override this). Why ? Can(t it be a simple link and let people right click to save ?

You can achieve this just by a setup of your browser.
Another solution, if you don't know how to do this, you can also set option MAIN_DISABLE_FORCE_SAVEAS to 1.
Great !
Hidden, but great !

This one, I think I could fork on github, but only if I'm sure it will be integrated
- action are in the url or in post that leads the browser to redo the action if shutdown and tabs are reloaded. In SPIP, actions are handled with internal redirect so that you can comminicate URLS to other without garbage ans reload tabs without a question like "Would you like to send the data again ?"

Dolibarr was designed to be used without need to press F5, so for a common usage, this is not a trouble. I d'ont experience the message "Would you like to send the data again ?". Can you describe a use case when you have this ?
It happens when I quit my browser (Windows Update for example) and when I restart it, it reload all the tabs. And in some case, the browser ask me if I want to resend the form.

- confirmations : why is Dolibarr diplaying confirmation AFTER reloading the page : can't it be ajax overlay ?

Why ?

- position of button to add a line and to validate : I click on the validate loosing all my text to much often ! (consequence of precedent point)

Sorry, i don't see. Can you provide more information on this ? A screen shot may help to understand.

Because [Valider] is near the text I'm writing, I click it instead of [Ajouter] and I lost all that I was writting (because confirmation occurs after refreshing the page and not before).

- I do not use plugins because the only one I've tried was overwriting some part of Dolibarr code.

Such plugins are not pluggins, but code hacks. By definition a plugin does not overwrite any dolibarr files. It is a standalone directory.
Glad to read it.

And also because I've read that after each update of Dolibarr, I should desactivate and activate again each of those plugins.

Where did you read this ?
Someone told me on IRC.

It may be true that with a new version of dolibarr, you may need to upgrade also plugin (above all if plugins does not match dolibarr development rules), but need to disable/enable should be rare.
Thanks for your answers.

Regards,
Merry Christmas.

--