Re: [Dolibarr-dev] 4.0 roadmap

From: charles benke.fr
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] 4.0 roadmap
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:11:29 +0100

My response inside

De : address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden De la part de Christophe Battarel
Envoyé : dimanche 13 mars 2016 10:11
À : Posts about Dolibarr ERP & CRM development and coding <address@hidden>
Objet : [Dolibarr-dev] 4.0 roadmap

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to know if there is a discussion somewhere about the roadmap of the next 4.0 major release ?

It should be great to find a place (maybe here) to talk about what will be the major news that will make this release a major on (4.0) and not a minor one (3.10).

+++ 4.0 say = Major structural changes

+++ 3.10 = Simple feature changes

+++ Maybe for introducing 4.0 we need to reduce the frequency of 3.x version (only one by year), and introducing a separate Branch

- great new functionnalities ?
+++ Accountancy

+++ Multicurrency

+++ Datatables list feature (based on myList)

- great new user experience ?

+++ Some change have been introduced on 3.9

+++ Integrate rendering pattern

- great new coding experience ?

+++ introducing REAL MVC structures

+++ reorganisation of all modules forlders with an unique structure for all

I know everyone has ideas, users, integrators, developers, and i think it should be great to have a place to express these ideas, to discuss about them and to take them into account to define a real roadmap for the future.

What do you think about it ?

+++ Speak about in june devcamp bee so late if we consider the actual roadmap who plan the outing of 4.0 for September…

Best regards
Christophe

Christophe Battarel
Responsable technique Altairis

+33 (0)9 52 71 70 96
Altairis - Blog - Modules Dolibarr - Twitter
Financez vos projets avec Dolipro