Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Can't SVN switch from 3.8.4 to 3.9.3

From: Xebax
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Can't SVN switch from 3.8.4 to 3.9.3
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:32:18 +0200

2016ko abuztuaren 18an, osteguna, Jacques PYRAT-ek zion :
> Xebax a écrit le 17/08/2016 à 13:53 :
> > Have you tried with the --ignore-ancestry option as suggested?
> > svn sw --ignore-ancestry ^/tags/3.9.3/htdocs
> Just tried it.
> It works. Thx !

Glad to know it worked!

> But it seems to be luck : no file is missing in the new version (so svn had
> only add and update to handle, no delete).

I don't think so, the delete would have worked too.

> I've donne a file comparison beetwenn svn 3.8.4 to 3.9.3 and svn 3.9.3 :
> identical
> I've done also a file comparison beetween svn 3.9.3 and .tgz version : there
> is a file that is different :
> \adherents\list.php line 84
> In SVN version :
>     //'d.ref'=>'Ref',
> In tgz version :
>     'd.login'=>'Login',
> It means (for me) that the process of creating tags and archives is
> inconsistant :(

You are right, that means that the tgz contains a patch that is not in
the tagged version.

> There is also a lot of directory missing in the .tgz (sample and test
> directory).
> It's surprising that installing from the repository leads to something
> different ;-)

No, it is not surprising. When you clone / checkout the repository you
get the project that is used for development. The project contains
scripts that create the packages for delivery (*.tgz, *.deb,
...). These packages does not contain all the project, they contain
the files that are needed to install the software (the sample and test
directories, for example, are useful for the developers only).

And installing from the repository is not a supported way of
installing Dolibarr. It may be a supported method for some other
projects and it may work but it is not supported.

Best regards,
--
Xebax