Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translation and language inclusion

From: Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy)
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translation and language inclusion
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 15:01:17 +0100

As long as a translation is done into transifex, it is included into standard version. Transifex is the only reference of translation are stored.

If value is wrong in 7.0.0 there is 4 possible reason.
- Translation was never done for the string in the language on transifex
- Translation was done and was good one day in transifex, but someone (a bad guy) has modified the translation with a wrong value on transifex (this can be viewed by the history tab on transifex)
- The english original string was modified. In such a case, because source was modified, transifex expect to have the translation redone too.
- A translation key was splitted in 2 keys, to be able to provide 2 different translation depending on 2 different context.

For the month into the graph this is the last case. Now we use a new english value of month on 1 digit. For example the key
MonthVeryShort01
For pt_BR, translation for pt_BR was not done yet, so you get english value.

Hi, I would like to understand a bit better how the translations workflow is.
I am sure I have corrected some time ago in the Transifex quite some strings,
but today upgrading on 7.0.0 in git I still see those wrong, with bad spellings and
sometimes with not a correct translation for the action or button.

So can you tell me is it worth correcting these things on Transifex and when do they get included if they get at all.

Month names in the invoices graph widgets on first page for example are
in 7.0.0 completely wrong in pt_BR version. I do not understand why they get
a week day name instead of the month.

Its good if there is written some kind of rule on how things get included so
we can be sure that what gets included in the git tree and releases is correct.

Rgds
Saxa