Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translation and language inclusion

From: Sasa Ostrouska
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Translation and language inclusion
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 20:11:37 +0100

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Sasa Ostrouska <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:01 PM, Laurent Destailleur (aka Eldy) <address@hidden> wrote:
As long as a translation is done into transifex, it is included into standard version. Transifex is the only reference of translation are stored.

If value is wrong in 7.0.0 there is 4 possible reason.
- Translation was never done for the string in the language on transifex
- Translation was done and was good one day in transifex, but someone (a bad guy) has modified the translation with a wrong value on transifex (this can be viewed by the history tab on transifex)
- The english original string was modified. In such a case, because source was modified, transifex expect to have the translation redone too.
- A translation key was splitted in 2 keys, to be able to provide 2 different translation depending on 2 different context.

For the month into the graph this is the last case. Now we use a new english value of month on 1 digit. For example the key
MonthVeryShort01
For pt_BR, translation for pt_BR was not done yet, so you get english value.

Hi Eldy, thans for the clarifications. I in fact saw that the MonthVeryShort01 is not in main.lang in pt_BR and added it, but the problem persists.
I still get wrong values and have no idea on why. See screenshot here:

​To me this seems another language and mixed. I have added the following strings into main.lang in pt_BR dir:

January=Janeiro
February=Fevereiro
March=Março
April=Abril
May=Maio
June=Junho
July=Julho
August=Agosto
September=Setembro
October=Outubro
November=Novembro
December=Dezembro
JanuaryMin=Jan
FebruaryMin=Fev
MarchMin=Mar
AprilMin=Abr
MayMin=Mai
JuneMin=Jun
JulyMin=Jul
AugustMin=Ago
SeptemberMin=Set
OctoberMin=Out
NovemberMin=Nov
DecemberMin=Dez
Month01=Janeiro
Month02=Fevereiro
Month03=Março
Month04=Abril
Month05=Maio
Month06=Junho
Month07=Julho
Month08=Agosto
Month09=Setembro
Month10=Outubro
Month11=Novembro
Month12=Dezembro
MonthShort01=Jan
MonthShort02=Fev
MonthShort03=Mar
MonthShort04=Abr
MonthShort05=Mai
MonthShort06=Jun
MonthShort07=Jul
MonthShort08=Ago
MonthShort09=Sep
MonthShort10=Out
MonthShort11=Nov
MonthShort12=Dez
MonthVeryShort01=J
MonthVeryShort02=F
MonthVeryShort03=M
MonthVeryShort04=A
MonthVeryShort05=M
MonthVeryShort06=J
MonthVeryShort07=J
MonthVeryShort08=A
MonthVeryShort09=S
MonthVeryShort10=O
MonthVeryShort11=N
MonthVeryShort12=D

Any idea on why do I get those strange names ?

It seems it is mixing week days with month names.

Rgds
Saxa

Ok the issue of the customers invoice widged has been solved after adding the above and rerun the install process.
Probably something was still in the DB. I didnt knew that every time I update the lang files I have to restart the install
process. IIRC it was not needed in the past. The modifications appeared immediately.

But I still have the Register not found when I click on the link

http://localhost/htdocs/societe/card.php?socid=361

Also if I click an quotation or order I can see the items but I do not see the thirds name.

Rgds
Saxa

Hi, I would like to understand a bit better how the translations workflow is.
I am sure I have corrected some time ago in the Transifex quite some strings,
but today upgrading on 7.0.0 in git I still see those wrong, with bad spellings and
sometimes with not a correct translation for the action or button.

So can you tell me is it worth correcting these things on Transifex and when do they get included if they get at all.

Month names in the invoices graph widgets on first page for example are
in 7.0.0 completely wrong in pt_BR version. I do not understand why they get
a week day name instead of the month.

Its good if there is written some kind of rule on how things get included so
we can be sure that what gets included in the git tree and releases is correct.

Rgds
Saxa

Google+: https://plus.google.com/+LaurentDestailleur-Open-Source-Expert/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Destailleur.Laurent