dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Server vs Client

From: Scott
Subject: [Auth]Server vs Client
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:57:18 -0700

If we create a Server side component, I think an Apache Module is a good place to start and hopefully working with the good poeple over at Apache, our DotGNU module could be shipped as one of the Modules that is included with the server (and perhaps even turned on) By Default.

 Are you suggesting we clone the Passport authentication interfaces in an
 Apache module? That wouldn't be too hard - but then what do we actually
 authenticate against?

an Apache Module to let webvendors add a server side script for ecommerce auth
as an alternative to using a custom form for the purpose of having Apache do
the footwork of looking for the users key on their local machine or remote auth
server. and in a form that had lets say a 'payment type' dotGNU could be listed
right next to Visa.