dotgnu-auth

AW: [Auth]Draft Spec: Implementation of Gelernter Cyberbodies

From: Carsten Kuckuk
Subject: AW: [Auth]Draft Spec: Implementation of Gelernter Cyberbodies
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:27:37 +0200

Jeremy,

I am wondering, is it possable to do this without giving your
information to a large centralized server? and is it possable to do this
without giving any information to the client otherthan your login and
password?
<<<<<

In my draft, the information gets stored on two servers that the end-user
can freely pick. So if a server goes belly-up, the end-user just picks a new
server to store his data on. The draft I wrote up yesterday did not address
how to redundantly store data, but I had a workable idea on the commuter
train to work which I'll write up later today.

When an enduser approaches a client, s/he only types in two server
locations, logins and passwords, and then everything is done by the
protocol. No information is stored on the client between logins. Everything
is stored distributedly on the Internet.

Carsten Kuckuk