dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Re: [DotGNU]Anonymous buying

From: Keith Geffert
Subject: [Auth]Re: [DotGNU]Anonymous buying
Date: 18 Jul 2001 10:39:27 -0400

Hmmm...  Your asking to use a set of services that are designed to
validate your digital identiy but you want to remain anonymous.

The good news is, that it is possible.  Due to the multitude of 3rd
party servers, a service provider providing this type of service could
give you an account and digital identies that you could auth against
which are fake, but have correct information to do transactions by
proxy.  Ie the CC or bank account info is actually valid but points to
maybe the service provider's accounts/information.  They then bill you
via the channels you wish, swiss bank account?  As long as such a
provider was linked in to the trusted auth network, you can use that
account with impunity.  Until you did buy the secrets, and then the big
scary guys with guns (from some anonymous 3 letter agency) look you up.

:-)