dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Authorization Certificates

From: Adam Theo
Subject: Re: [Auth]Authorization Certificates
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:28:20 -0400

"Vinko Vrsalovic B." wrote:
> Can the links be identified?
>
> Can you tell the user that the place is where he is trying to obtain
> X is trusted by A, B and not D?
>
> And can you tell the server that the user X is trusted
> by servers A, B and not D?
>
> I think that if PKI is going to be the one, you must tell
> people who trust who, so they can make choices based on that.

hi, all. I have recently published a draft of what i had in mind for
'Trust'. it is designed with Jabber Identity in mind (
http://www.theoretic.com/identity ), but you can easily port it over to
another system.

http://jab.sirlabs.com/bin/view/JIGs/JIS/PeerTrust

it explains 'links' or 'lines' of trust, and how they can be used.

by the way, Kent Gnuyen also of this list has been working on a similar
concept, which he calls "The Web of Trust".