dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Other than password

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Auth]Other than password
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:06:01 +0200

> The problem with biometric ID is that you can't change it, once it has been
> copied. If somebody is able to make contact lenses that the biometric id
> checker mistakes for your eyes, than you can't just rip your eyes off and
> get a new pair. I have my reservations about this technology.

Good point.

Also someone might be able to intercept the data that is passed
to the computer from the camera (or whatever) that obtains the
raw biometric information.  This may be a simpler way in which
your biometric ID could potentially be faked.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Core Team   http://dotgnu.org
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)