dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]newcomer in dotgnu

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [Auth]newcomer in dotgnu
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:00:41 +0200

Tolga Kilicli <address@hidden> wrote:

> I joined this morning (I hope I am not late).

Welcome!  No, you're not late.  In fact there are right now
several good projects just getting going, or joining the DotGNU
efforts with a significant amount of code already written.

I'm sure that all of them could use some additional
contributors.

> And I want to learn what is the decision on authentication and
> probably authorization.

In the current situation (with Microsoft trying hard to dominate
the auth services market, and nobody really knowing what exactly
the users will want) the only reasonable way for DotGNU to go
forward is to implement several reasonable approaches, and leave
the final decision to the users.

So I'd encourage you to make up your mind on what you think would
be the best way to do it (this list is here for purposes of
discussing these matters) and then either join a project that
goes in a good direction, or you are free to start a new,
competing auth project if you think that none of the existing
projects is a winner.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com