dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Re: Auth digest, Vol 1 #128 - 6 msgs

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [Auth]Re: Auth digest, Vol 1 #128 - 6 msgs
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 06:49:50 -0400

John Rebbeck wrote:

> I receive email worms almost daily now but I use Norton 2002 and it stops
> them all. I don't think I'm the cause of them because they are quarantined
> and then deleted straight away.

You may want to be careful though because Norton's scan only safely
catches worms that are known to be in the wild and - in some cases - the
heuristics *MIGHT* be strong enough to catch derivatives.  There are
stronger antivirus systems out there, but they're still somewhat plagued
by the same general deficiency.  The best one that I had ever used was
called F-prot -- it was a DOS virus scanner, a very strong one.

        -Barry