Re: [DotGNU]Well its and go-mono.net

From: Matthew Copeland
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Well its and go-mono.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:17:36 -0500

Well, I found the FAQ on the ximian site, and it looks like things could
be compatiable with what we are thinking about.  As I seem to remember,
the proposed ECMA specification standard includes the capability to make
calls out to the OS.  According to some analysts, this is how Microsoft
will lock in there stuff and others into Windows.  If we could get rid of
that particular feature, both ours and the mono project would be much
better off and we might be able to make use of there bytecode layer
without any problems.  I am interested in comments on this, and would
anyone be willing to go check out the ECMA standard spec and champion our
cause with them?

Matthew M. Copeland

p.s.  FAQ is located at http://www.ximian.com/mono/faq.html  It is worth
reading.