Re: [DotGNU]distributed fs

From: steehf
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]distributed fs
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 16:26:14 +0200

ok. so at the moment its about transaction logging/journaling.
but what about managing ressources the same way - in a true fs-manner..
uhm...say e.g. to let the servers know if certain information stored
client-side (like the PIB or something) is available now.
if we'll have to store more than just login information client-side we should
think about how to share & manage those. (however...do we have to?)
because recently i thought (crazy? no i'm simply not sure wheter we can benifit
from it...) that some users computer might be equal an inode being part of a
big dotgnu distributed fs.
in that case it would be interesting to have a look at some fs's from the
design-point-of-view and maybe apply some of the features to dotgnu.
because...it's the same. its about managing clusters of information.
just a thought.

best regards,
stefan

---