Re: [DotGNU]gcc?

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]gcc?
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:47:47 +1000

"Bradley M. Kuhn" wrote:

> David Sugar <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >  I am going to suggest that Bradley field this question, and in fact, I
> > propose that we come up with a gcc FAQ for DotGNU that covers this and
> > other issues so that everyone has a reference point to understand this
> > and other related gcc issues.  This FAQ probably could include some
> > discussion on the treecc toolchain as well.
>
> I think such an FAQ is a good idea.  Could someone draft it?  (I can edit
> it once it's drafted).

I updated the Portable.NET FAQ yesterday, to include
a bit more information on using gcc for stack-based
machines, among other things.  I can add some appropriate
blurb about the dangers of giving proprietary vendors
too much access to gcc's internals.

This FAQ will probably eventually merge with the
DotGNU FAQ.  I'm getting all of my stuff into
"GNU Normal Form" prior to uploading it en masse
into Savannah.  If anyone finds any bugs in my
Web site or the FAQ, let me know.

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/pnet_faq.html

Cheers,

Rhys.