Re: [DotGNU]Integration with Apache

From: Anil Kumar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Integration with Apache
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 23:01:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Myrddian wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 11:49:48PM -0400, Scott Bradley wrote:
> > I have been following the developers list somewhat, but I am not sure
> > how much this has been discussed.
> >
> > What, if any, integration might there be with Apache (e.g., in modules,
> > perhaps)
> > of DotGNU, if it even fits in anywhere?  I was just thinking that despite
> > Microsoft's
> > prominence on the desktop, Apache is such a widely used web server that any
> > of the DotGNU framework that might fit into Apache would be extremely
> > important
> > to get DotGNU adopted before .NET. So if there is going to be a server-side
> > daemon, a
> > module for Apache might be a good idea as well.
> >
> > Just a thought.  If this has been discussed already (and this is premature,
> > I realize)
> > I apologize.  Apache just seems like possibly a good point of leverage for
> > DotGNU.
>

> Yes I know, usingApache would be good :)
>
> I dotn know if everybody ekse agrees, but I certainly do.

me too. this has another side too: like microsoft has domination over
desktops Free software has dominance in some areas like server side (in
general). we should take advantage of that. by doing this we will be
winning the apache population to use dotGNU. so is the Java
language.

actually this point has been discussed elsewhere in a different
context.

   Anil