Re: [DotGNU]A new battle front

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A new battle front
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:53:15 -0700

Microsoft has been making contracts with sites to use passport.com to authenticate. This part is not news. The advent of sites that require passport.com authentication is new. It's disturbing that it has begun this quickly. We can only assume that MS is stepping up their timetable.

The cookies issue is probably because turning off cookies will expose the type of cookies that are coming in. If cookies are coming in from passport.com, you can assume that the site is trying to get information to and from passport.com in some manner.

        -Barry