Re: [DotGNU]Simple Web Services API

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Simple Web Services API
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:25:15 +0200

Bill Lance <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is this project of relevance to dotgnu?  ActiveState
> at least talks of opensource.
>
> http://aspn.ActiveState.com/ASPN/WebServices/SWSAPI/spec

Bill, thank you so much for posting all those links... have
I already said how much I appreciate this? :-)

I think that if this were published as an RFC or under a Free
Documentation License, then it would be of interest.  However,
as this is a non-free document on the website of a proprietary
software company, it's not going to be very useful for us,
except perhaps as a source of inspirtation.  Just "talking about
opensource" is not good enough.  Free Software is a matter of
actually using the right kind of licenses, not just making words
that are meant to make a good impression with developers.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com