Re: [DotGNU]SOAP + Jabber = a GPL (jabber server + security filter)

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]SOAP + Jabber = a GPL (jabber server + security filter)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 17:02:52 +0530

Hi Adam,
> Yes, Jabber is now able to route SOAP around it's platform on port 5222.
> And I suppose firewalls could be built that only allowed SOAP requests
> from certain Jabber ID's, not just "the world in general".
        This deviates too far from the scope of a firewall. Sorry Adam
but I don't think any firewall will support jabber parsing and id
recognition , at least not now. The more practical idea will be
to use a security system between the jabber and client program.

        But SOAP over Jabber is a very valid option and more reason for
a GPL'ed Jabber server. Hope you are working on that :-)

Ciao
Gopal.V
--
GNUGNU  's   NN    NN  UU    UU