RE: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list

From: Bill Lance
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]DotGNU task list
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 04:52:51 -0800 (PST)

--- Sarath B Nair <address@hidden>
wrote:
> --- Bill Lance <mailto:address@hidden> wrote
> >if you wish to write a customized program module,
> then run
> >that remotely.
>
> This is what i mean.
> Ideally i should be able to assign different
> components of the assembly to
> different servers(hosting *this* service).

Hummm ... that may be possible in the VRS model, but I
doubt that it would be practical.  The main purpose of
the VRS is to expose services to a network,
presumabaly for others to use.  Also, if it going to
actually execute in the VRS, it will have to be able
to be compiled to an intermediate byte code,
presumable with Pnet.  The VRS incures significant
overhead to accomplish it's distributed processing and
storage task..  If this is a purely private function,
and you have resources similar to those needed for a
VRS, (for the forseeable future, this means a
resonably current Linux system) I would think you'de
be better off with more traditional approachs.