Re: [DotGNU]Storm clouds on the horizon

From: Seth Johnson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Storm clouds on the horizon
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:09:08 -0500

I think Microsoft can rationally choose to do this sort of
thing not to kill P2P, but to establish precedent for
content control in a P2P context -- which translates into a
steady toll stream to sell to the content control
interests.  Which kills a lot of P2P, a lot of the prospects
and a lot of the spirit as well as the market.

Also, yesterday the W3C published a Microsoft-sanctioned
standard for XML digital signatures.

Seth Johnson