Re: [DotGNU]UI and SEE (was Re: What Web Services Are NOT)

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]UI and SEE (was Re: What Web Services Are NOT)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:57:45 -0600

Norbert Bollow wrote:
no... the SEE will know the difference... in the first case, the
SEE will tell the server:

I'm just considering the practical implications of telling app writers that they have to differentiate, in their services, between a little stub UI app that just swaps UI events and user I/O data, and a full-fledged server application.

And also differentiation between `owner of the data' and `right to use', because whenever those apply depend on what the application does.

The response from the server could be "I've checked those
credentials, they're fine.  Here's a German-language user
interface of type pnet3.2 - execute that, and your user should
be happy."

All this localization is handled by plugins through SEE protocols? I suppose this can't also be offset to apps, because there are no apps at this specific load time ;)

--
quit   When the quit statement is read, the  bc  processor
       is  terminated, regardless of where the quit state-