[DotGNU]pnetC library available

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]pnetC library available
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:08:35 +1000

I've checked the initial version of the "pnetC" library into
the Savannah CVS server.  It can be obtained via anonymous
CVS access as follows:

    cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet login
        (the password is empty - just press the Enter key)
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/dotgnu-pnet
            co pnetC

Things are in a very early stage at present, and there may
still be bugs in the compiler and linker that I'm working on.
You will need to CVS version of pnet to compile "pnetC".

See the "doc/HACKING" file for more information on the code,
and where to obtain copies of the relevant standards, such
as the "Single Unix Specification", that we should adhere to.

After I fix a few more bugs, I will be working on unistd
(the system call layer) and stdio (which I'm going to lift
straight out of glibc).  But there are plenty of other
things that need doing.  Here are the urgent ones:

    string, stdlib, math, ctype

Feel free to volunteer for whatever takes your fancy.  Most
of these should be plain vanilla C, so you shouldn't need to
mess with interfacing to C# code.

Cheers,

Rhys.