[DotGNU]Virtual Identity System

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [DotGNU]Virtual Identity System
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:13:40 +0100

Hi folks,

a lot is unclear about the DotGNU Common Virtual Identity System (DCVIS or
simply VIS). And with the current amount of active auth coders that's not likely
to change soon. The VIS needs however to be integrated into the DotGNU System. I
therefore propose the following:

* We should create a specification of the VIS.
* These specifications should be used to implement a minimal feature reference
VIS server.

The way I see things there are a number of things to be put into the VIS spec:
* How the VIS server communicates with a webservice
* How a Virtual Identity must be structured (note that this only applies to the
VI send over the connection with the webservice, the VIS server's internal
structure of a VI is unspecified).
* What fields of a VI are mandatory (a field like name should be in all VI's)

After the VIS spec is put up a very basic reference implementation can be
created. The reference implementation can then be used as a testing aid for the
Arch and Auth coders.

Greetings,

Peter