[DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.0 targets

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Portable.NET 0.5.0 targets
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:51:05 +1000

There was some good discussion in the DotGNU meeting this week
about our goals for Portable.NET 0.5.0.

I'd like the 0.5.0 release (sometime near end-Dec or early-Jan)
to be a reasonably stable check-point that people can use to
solve real problems, before going into deep hack mode on difficult
things again.

We also discussed, and agreed to change the version numbering
system on pnetlib to match pnet, since they are always released
together anyway.  I'll start doing that from 0.4.8 onwards.

Appended is the current TODO list for before and after 0.5.0.
Feel free to make suggestions (keeping in mind that we want
to stablise things).

Cheers,

Rhys.

pnet/pnetlib 0.5.0:

    - No more MS C# compiler
    - C compiler and useful pnetC
    - ECMA compatiblity in pnetlib, if possible
    - Dynamic internalcalls (e.g. ILExecProcessAddInternalCall)
    - System.Xml (probably Mono's)
    - System.ComponentModel

After pnet/pnetlib 0.5.0:

    - Threading
    - Convert the build system to use shared objects
    - Experimental JIT's
    - Apache module support
    - AppDomains
    - Code access security mechanisms