Re: [DotGNU]All my tests work

From: Jonathan P Springer
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]All my tests work
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:40:43 -0500

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 04:43:53PM +1000, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just fixed the last bug that caused the standard tests in
> "pnet/samples" to fail on my machine using a pnet-compiled
> version of pnetlib (a dumb codegen bug in cg_arith.tc which
> stopped Hashtable working correctly).

Congratulations!

I'm spending my time cleaning up problems in pnetlib identified by the
csunit test suite in libpnet.  This week, I'm refactoring the formatting
code (mostly to support hexadecimal formatting).

> If everyone is happy with the current state, then I suggest
> that we replace the MS-compiled assemblies with pnet-compiled
> assemblies for version 0.4.8, and see if it breaks anything
> for other people out in the wild.  Then we should be free of
> MS-compilation forever from 0.5.0 onwards.

If you love it set it free.  If it comes back with a ream of bug reports
attached, someone noticed.  I love "see who screams" tests :-).

Regards,
-js

--
-Jonathan P Springer <address@hidden>
"A standard is an arbitrary solution to a recurring problem." - Joe Hazen