Re: [DotGNU]another request for work

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]another request for work
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:55:42 +0530

If memory serves me right, Michael Moore wrote:
> i just started looking at pnet over the weekend and would like to lend a
> hand. since work assignments were being passed out i figured it would be
> a good time to jump on board.

It's a nice time to jump aboard ... as you can now develop totally on
pnet ..

> i wasn't sure which areas of pnetlib were not currently being worked and
> didn't want to smash any toes during my first few steps... so just let
> me know where i should start.

I've been wanting some work done on the output of System.DateTime class..
This means that you get a string like "dd/MM/yyyy" would give me 25/11/2002
today ...

The DateTime.Day , Month , Year etc ... are available .. it's a matter of
reading the format string and producing the correct output ...

The code would be placed in runtime/System/Private/DateTimeFormatter.cs and
called from DateTime.cs ..

The pnetlib/HACKING file should provide lots of info about the indentation,
coding style , variable names , etc .. Try to follow them as far as possible.

And if you want any more help , contact me .

Gopal