Re: [DotGNU]Log4Net problem (IsAssignableFrom)

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Log4Net problem (IsAssignableFrom)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:49:51 -0800 (PST)

> Code in log4net:

typeof(ILoggerRepository).IsAssignableFrom(log4net.Repository.Hierarchy.
> Hierarchy) returns 'false', but
>
> public class Hierarchy : LoggerRepositorySkeleton,
> IBasicRepositoryConfigurator,
> IDOMRepositoryConfigurator
>
> where
>
> public abstract class LoggerRepositorySkeleton :
> ILoggerRepository

The bug is in GetInterfaces() in the C code
in the lib_type.c .. I have a patch which I am
unable to to send right now (forgot to bring it)
need more testing ... what it does is that
it adds interfaces used in parent classes as well..
viz

while(classInfo!=NULL)
{
...old code
   classInfo=ILClass_Parent(classInfo);
}

in GetMaxInterfaces and FillInterfaces..

> log4net seems to work
> after commenting this check out ...

So now it should work completely ?

Gopal