Re: [DotGNU] pnet on mobiles (arm processor, symbian os)

From: Marc Haisenko
Subject: Re: [DotGNU] pnet on mobiles (arm processor, symbian os)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:23:11 +0200

On Monday 12 September 2005 10:03, M. Kaya wrote:
> Hi DotGnuTeam,
> any idea hints tips about how to build pnet for mobile phones (arm
> processor, symbian os, Nokia, Sony etc).
>
> I would like to use pnet instead of j2me.
> Regards
> Max

Why ? Seriously, I think that dotGNU is a great project, but J2ME is way more
mature and also backed and supported by really big companies. Except for
properties in C#, I really see no reason NOT to use J2ME but see a lot of
reasons NOT to use dotGNU on a mobile phone. The very first and most
important is: we don't support any mobile OS's (at least not in the
System.Drawing and System.Windows.Forms namespaces, and therefor it would be
quite useless for you except if you'd like to write some kind of server). So
while you might be able to compile ilrun for Symbian you can't run any
graphical applications... at least not until you write a toolkit for it,
which of course would be very welcome :-)
C'ya,
        Marc

--
Marc Haisenko