dotgnu-libjit

[Libjit-developers] DotGNU Southern-Summer of Code Official End

From: Kirill Kononenko
Subject: [Libjit-developers] DotGNU Southern-Summer of Code Official End
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:22:46 +0400

Hi All,

In November 2005 we received 2 grants of 4500USD each to implement a
Just-In-Time compiler for PNET. The first grant was for the completion
of LibJIT, and the second was for the JIT itself (which uses LibJIT,
as you remember). The implementation of the complete Just-In-Time
compiler, due to the complexity of the task, has taken us more time
than we had originally planned. This is because we expected more help.
It also shows the complexity of the task.

After the official dead-line of 1 February we received many emails
asking to extend the time-line and continue the work. This was
accepted by Trumpf who provides the funds. The DotGNU Southern-Summer
of Code was extended until the time that the Just-In-Time compiler was
completed.

As of today, 1 October 2006, the work is finally considered to be 100%
complete by Trumpf. Each person gets paid a percentage equivalent to
their contribution. The funds are paid in equal parts of 3000USD each
to the three contributors who did 99.99% of the work. Those
contributors are Aleksey Demakov, Klaus Treichel and myself. To sum
up, I am glad that we were given such a great opportunity.

Kirill Kononenko
mail: kirillDOTkononenkoATgmailDOTcom
PGP/GPG public key available on request