dotgnu-libjit

Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] Libjit bug: reuses of variables

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Dotgnu-libjit] Libjit bug: reuses of variables
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:09:31 -0700 (PDT)

>    I am Simone Campanoni and I am using Libjit within
> ILDJIT project.
>
> I think I have found a bug on this library.

You have :)

>    falseValue           =
> jit_value_create_nint_constant(f_main, jit_type_int, 0);
>
>    value                =
> jit_value_get_param(f_main, 0);

If I re-arrange the code to bring the value2 up here, it seems to
work perfectly.

So it's just that the jit gets confused about the first if() and just re-uses
the temporary to do the jump, then does not store it.

> I hope this is useful to debug Libjit library.

Yup. I'm looking at this problem now, but don't expect any miracles
from me ... I'm more of a cheerleader than a programmer now :)

Cheers,
Gopal
--
If I learn from my mistakes, pretty soon I'll know everything.