dotgnu-libs-devel

[Dotgnu-libs-devel] DotGNU Libraries (dotgnu-libs) on Savannah

From: Andrew Mitchell
Subject: [Dotgnu-libs-devel] DotGNU Libraries (dotgnu-libs) on Savannah
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 01:08:16 +1200

 We need to sort out some proper standards for naming, documenting, and other
relevant things for libraries that fit in dotgnu-libs. For example, shall
modules be in the DotGNU.x or the dotgnu.x namespace? It will not be good to
have some modules as dotgnu.rpc, for example, while others are DotGNU.IO
 We may have a certain amount of overlap with DotGNU-Base, which is included
in dotgnu-libs.
 Each module should follow a consistent build system, such as the one proposed
by Rhys, and have API documentation that can be put online in either a
dotgnu-libs section of dotgnu.org|info, or using the
www.gnu.org/software/dotgnu-libs space so generously provided to us.
 Either way, this website or section should also contain things like coding
standards, licensing information, and a general description of the contents.
 Currently there are a number of admins listed for dotgnu-libs - I've been
waiting for savannah & fencepost to be fixed up so that I can add a mailing
list for administration. For now, we'll use the main DotGNU list :)
 We also need to agree on proper licensing for libraries in dotgnu-libs, ie
whether all are to be LGPL, or some GPL, GPL+LE, etc.

Thanks
Andrew