dotgnu-libs-devel

[Dotgnu-libs-devel] incident

From: Polly Odom
Subject: [Dotgnu-libs-devel] incident
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:52:59 +0300

At least you two were wiseto take that oath of me upon the instant.
Had you perchance drunk too much ofthat strong Syrian wine?
Now, Belus, went on Amasis, tell me, you who are wise in counsel,what shall I do? Be plain, Belus, but tell me first, who is this with you who listensto our most secret thoughts? Therefore I pray you stay a minute until the officer and hisguard pass upon their round. You can kill me if you will, but that would befoolish, for I have not told you all the horoscope. Aye, the throne and a certain general wearing Pharaohs crown.
Or would you prefer that I should choose some older man to fillthis office?
I asked idly, for this sight of the grief ofanother seemed to dull my own. The womanis dead; by her lies the sword of Ninari.
A great terror took hold of me, a shadow of woe to comefell upon me. Then Pharaoh lifted his sceptre and there was silence. For a little while we sat silent staring at the lotus blooms.
You, the young and ardent, must play the part ofthe aged and the cold. Obey your oath, and see that star shine out above allstorms, royally and alone. I listened like to one in a dream, but Belus answered quietly,Which you will, Amasis.
Now I grew afraid and that I might find time to think, bade him speakon.
To-morrow also I leave Sais to journey back to myown country.
All was clean, all was garnished, everywhere flowers were set. As for the talk between Atyra and Pharaoh, it need not be set out.
At least Pharaoh will kill you because she was inyour charge.
That is why he sends an armyagainst Egypt.
Be pleased, therefore, dear Belus, to grant it to me. Presently I will return with his commands.
Yet, why do you turn from Pharaohwho has sheltered you ever since you escaped from Babylon?
Be plain, Belus, but tell me first, who is this with you who listensto our most secret thoughts?
All goes awry and I would that Iwere dead. With it send Belus the Babylonian, that the truth of all this matter may be wrung from him.
I think not, answered Amasis with his great laugh. But if you fail, why then,farewell to you. For a little while we sat silent staring at the lotus blooms. I think not, answered Amasis with his great laugh. Then without more words I threw myself down upon my bed and soonforgot all things, even Atyra.
Now tell me on what businessPharaoh sends you?
I advanced, followed by Belus my tutor, and prostrated myself beforethe throne. Tell us,may we sleep in peace, or must we seek it elsewhere? Then I hurled him through the window-place.
I have none to give you atthe moment, young chamberlain.