dotgnu-libs-devel

[Dotgnu-libs-devel] Confederate

From: Vivien Sargent
Subject: [Dotgnu-libs-devel] Confederate
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 06:44:06 -0700

Our host, Counsellor Svirum, was the leader, and postedus all in our places. The arrival of other guests cut short this scenewhich was so amusing to all but me. I will not dwell on the misery that followed. The counsellor must have fallen in the lake.
JUDGE ERIK SÖRENSENS JOURNALIN the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ!
Lammestrup, but Maren, what do youthink she looked like?
There was silence for a good quarter of an hour. It was not so deep but that I soon had head andshoulders above the water.
The maid had been presentwhen the deed was done. The lake with its wreath of rushes spread outbefore me.
But of course this exercise was rather violent andthrew me into a perspiration.
I dontknow what I am going to do with them.
This Niels, the parson complains, is a lazy fellow and impudentand quarrelsome besides. I can say that I had acquired great facility in the figures thatwere then the mode.
It was she, but alas, how changed she too was, in face,figure, and manner!
And it was here the battle tookplace which I have already described in anticipation. The hunt advanced, the dogs came nearer and nearer, their commander inthe boat likewise.
Inasmuch as I can now keep a wife,ought I not to look about me for a helpmeet?
Allow me, my fair feminine reader, to relate my innocentadventure. This was my firstblunder, but it was not to be my last.
I can say that I had acquired great facility in the figures thatwere then the mode. Near the lake and the hunting-groundwas a hill from which I decided there would be a good view. I havent had anything to fire at, I said. I saw at first glance that she was perfect ofher type. At that the sportsmen stole out, leaving me to my bottomless misery.
It may well be that it is a kind offoreboding. Here a flounce, there a frill of lace has been torn; here a bow has beenlost and there a pin. His reverence received us very affectionately. I dontknow what I am going to do with them.
Nay, nay, my good Morten, you do not knowErik Sörensen. The scene wasnow changed to another inlet of the bay. As he spoke, he put hishands in his pockets again and waddled ahead. The arrival of other guests cut short this scenewhich was so amusing to all but me. Nevertheless, sheis without a doubt the fairest woman I have seen in all my days. This Niels, the parson complains, is a lazy fellow and impudentand quarrelsome besides.