dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4195] XmlTextReader uses XmlStreamReader ins

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4195] XmlTextReader uses XmlStreamReader instead of StreamReader
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 11:09:36 +1000

On Saturday 05 July 2003 11:07 am, Thong \(Tum\) Nguyen wrote:
> Ahh ok, thanks for the explanation.  Is it possible to reduce the code
> duplication by inheriting from StreamReader without breaking the spec?

Probably not.  I believe the main problem will be in "DetectByteOrder" (which
hasn't yet been completely updated I notice - someone needs to do that).
Since that method is private to "StreamReader" and called from every instance
of its constructor, there is no way to override its behaviour in an inherited
class without breaking the specification.

Cheers,

Rhys.