dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Preliminary Freetype support in Xsharp

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Preliminary Freetype support in Xsharp
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:16:16 +1000

Hi all,

I've added some preliminary support for Freetype anti-aliased fonts to Xsharp,
using the Xft library.  At the moment, it has to be explicitly enabled when
pnetlib is configured, as follows:

    ./configure --enable-xft

Please play with it on various X configurations and let me know how it goes.

On some of my machines, Xft locks up during font matching when it calls
XRenderQueryFormats.  I'm not really sure what is causing this (it may be an
old version of the library).  If anyone has any ideas, then please drop me a
line.

Cheers,

Rhys.