dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Forthcoming pnet versions

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Forthcoming pnet versions
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:37:17 +1000

Hi all,

The last public release of pnet was 0.5.8.  Ordinarily this would mean that
the next one is 0.6.0.  However, a number of people would like to see the
round number be used for DotGNU 0.1.

Therefore, I propose that we put out a 0.5.10 release at the end of next week,
as the first release candidate for 0.6.0.  If necessary, we'll do 0.5.12 and
0.5.14, continuing until we are ready for DotGNU 0.1.  At that point, I'll
flip the version number to 0.6.0.

Any objections?

The next step is to define the desired feature set for 0.6.0 so that the
pnet/pnetlib developers have a goal to work towards.  Stability is the name
of the game.  We almost certainly won't have time for a full Winforms, for
example, but we can probably identify a useful subset and work towards that.
Suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Rhys.