dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] error virtual memory exhausted

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] error virtual memory exhausted
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:41:50 +0530

If memory serves me right, Thomas Köhler wrote:
> When I try to build pnetlib-0.2.6 I get the error message:

You meant 0.5.8 , didn't you ? ....

> /usr/local/bin/cscc -fplugin-cs-path=3D -o ./Accessibility.dll -g -funsaf=
> e=20

that's strange ... -fplugin-cs-path="" ?

Try doing this ...

cscc -shared -o Accessibility.dll Accessibility.cs

and see if that works ...

> /usr/local/lib/cscc/plugins/cscc-cs: virtual memory exhausted

Do you have pnetlib/runtime/mscorlib.dll ? ... Also, I'm unable to
reproduce the error down here . So I'm just hoping that you can
debug this using the printf-patch attached (which prints the line
number and file where this message is printed). To use

cd pnet-0.5.8/cscc/common
patch < printf-patch
cd ../
make
make install (as root)
try building pnetlib

And to remove the patch after you finish debugging using the same
procedure and press "y" when patch asks if you want the change removed

As you can see it's a hack , but it does the job :)

> pnet-0.5.6
           ^^ ? ... the pnet and pnetlib versions have to be the same
to ensure working.. (I'm hoping that this is yet another typo)

> I'm using SuSE Linux 8.1 (gcc 3.2).

Hmmm... no idea... other than blaming gcc3.2 :-)...

> Any ideas?

Also the base classes for pnetlib ie mscorlib.dll, System.dll and System.Xml.dll
work without Accessibility.dll (or other compat/ dlls) .

And pnet 0.5.10 is just round the corner ... we'll prolly release it this
weekend if there are no major hiccups.

> It's the first time I'm using a mailing list, so please excuse me if I di=
> d=20
> something wrong.

Other than those MIME encodings ie (=3D,=20) it's all good :)

Gopal