dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] [bugs #6999] C# using-alias-directive broken for names

From: Gopal.V
Subject: [Pnet-developers] [bugs #6999] C# using-alias-directive broken for namespaces
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:35:08 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: DotGNU Portable.NET.

[bugs #6999] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Gopal.V <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Sun 04/18/04 at 15:35 (Asia/Calcutta)

Fix committed to CVS on 18th April 2004 .

The without using bug is bug #8225 and will be fixed seperately

[bugs #6999] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: DotGNU Portable.NET
Submitted by: Tony Garnock-Jones
On: Sun 12/28/03 at 00:12

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  None
Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None

Original Submission:  Code such as the following (where Shared.Service is a
class) will not compile (I've attached a small test case that helps narrow down
the problem), whereas it does compile on MS.NET and Mono:

using S = Shared;
public class Main {
    public static void Main() {
        S.Service s = new S.Service();
        s.Hi();
    }
}

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Sun 04/18/04 at 15:35         By: t3rmin4t0r

Date: Sun 12/28/03 at 01:14         By: surazal
Yet another refinement (...-3.tar.gz) - checking what happens with aliases of
classes containing inner classes. Turns out to be the same problem. (Although
I'm not sure whether this is supposed to work or not according to the ECMA
spec, and I don't have mono or MS.NET handy here at home to test this third set
of test cases.)

Date: Sun 12/28/03 at 01:08         By: surazal
Here's a new test case that pins it down even further
(using-directive-2.tar.gz). Referring to S.Inner.S2 gives a different set of
messages than referring to S.Service. The only nontrivial difference between
the classes is that one is inside another namespace layer.

File Attachments
-------------------

Date: Sun 12/28/03 at 01:14  Name: using-directive-3.tar.gz  Size: 679KB   By:
surazal
Further refinement, checking aliases of classes containing inner classes
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=6999&amp;item_file_id=912

Date: Sun 12/28/03 at 01:08  Name: using-directive-2.tar.gz  Size: 626KB   By:
surazal
Refined test cases
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=6999&amp;item_file_id=911

Date: Sun 12/28/03 at 00:12  Name: using-directive.tar.gz  Size: 561KB   By:
surazal
Test case with three examples, two working, one broken
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?item_id=6999&amp;item_file_id=910

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6999>

  Message sent via/by Savannah