dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] Destructors are not being called - bug or usage er

From: David Logan
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Destructors are not being called - bug or usage error?
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 07:56:24 -0600

Gopal V wrote:

Hi,

usage error. My destructors are not being called:
It is a bug ...

Only the objects created in main are not getting finalized ... try assigning tc = null ; :)

and .. they get finalized :)

And I'm having a closer look at this now ...
I just have this wierd feeling that this has
something
to do with ^tum's threading speedups recently .

Sorry about that tum ... I think it has nothing to do about this :) ...

Think it has something to do with libgc ?. The
problem is that the gc thread is also waited for
in the ilrun.c ?...

Anyway ,it shouldn't affect real programs (or windows.forms would have eaten up memory and died by now)... but only affects simple programs (thankfully)
I am not sure what you mean by this. I discovered it in my attempt to write a M$ and Linux compatible app. Roughly, I have:

Form1 the main form
   It has an instance of a "GlobalSettings" class

At program termination, neither Form1.Dispose(bool) nor ~GlobalSettings is getting called. I was counting on it to make sure that GlobalSettings was written to a file. I suppose I will try instead to move the settings save to a Closing() event in Form1.

David Logan

Gopal