dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Web Proxy server??

From: John Nicholls
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Web Proxy server??
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 05:19:45 +1000

Guys,

I have an application that can only access the web through a proxy
server in a School network.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a local proxy server to test it and
the School is over 1000km from here.

I did a test last night and set,

export PNET_PROXY=nonexistant.proxy.com:80
ilrun application.exe

The application still works, does this mean that the PNET_PROXY
environment variable is ignored if no connection happens and defaults to
standard port 80 or is there some other way of setting a proxy server?

Thanks

John