dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] static constructor bug

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] static constructor bug
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 18:07:47 +0530

Tim Nichols wrote:
I hacked in a fix, but it seems too ugly to be generally useful - it involved a new opcode (CCTOR_DONE) that checks if a static constructor has completed, and a per class mutex that is locked in CCTOR_ONCE and unlocked in CCTOR_DONE. This mutex has to be recursive since a single thread can re-enter a static constructor more than once.
If someone has a better fix, please let me know. I'm playing around with the 0.7.2 code base.

0.7.2 is six months old :)

(This app also demonstrates how often Is*Constructor is called and why having currentMethod not set results in superfluous invocations of CVM_OUT_PTR(COP_CALL, cctor); in cvmc_call.c).

Interesting. I am still in the timezone-switching phase of the post
travel trauma. I'll probably dig back into the engine sometime around
tuesday. Was planning to dig into libjit, but this is more familiar
territory.

Cheers,
Gopal