dotgnu-visionaries

[Visionaries] WebScheme becomes DG-Scheme again

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [Visionaries] WebScheme becomes DG-Scheme again
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:16:53 +0200

Hi folks,

doing some searching on the net I found out that the name WebScheme was already used for many things. Now, I don't know how much that matters, but to be on the safe side I'm changing the name of the language back to DG-Scheme (DotGNU-Scheme).

I've also did some work on the language, mainly removing a feature. The explicit binding objects are now gone, the use of static fields makes keeping them more costly (in terms of memory use and performance) than dumping them.

I've also did some thinking about the serialization mechanism. The work on that is not yet finished, but progressing. It's getting likely DG-Scheme will use YAML (www.yaml.org) as it's serialization language.

Greetings,

Peter