dr-geo

[Dr-geo] Using Qt

From: Gurjot Singh
Subject: [Dr-geo] Using Qt
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 07:26:49 +0530

Hi,

This might be seem abrupt but what if we use Qt for Dr. Geo.
It is much well documented and has a great community backing it up.
IMO even though gtkmm is nice and all but comparing it with Qt, it
definitely lacks behind in the community and the usage department.
It is extremely slow progress on my end 'cause I have so many queries
and so little time to do it, and finding answers to those queries
should not take more than a day or so.
I don't want to waste any more time.
With Qt I can make whatever I've done till now in 2 days and then can
continue at a much better pace, because I have some development
experience in Qt.
I checked the license[0] of Qt and asked on #gnu channel, it won't be an
issue since our software is also using GPLv3+.

So now it is just a matter of approval from you guys. If you agree, I
can begin working right away.

[0] https://qt-project.org/products/licensing

Regards
--
Gurjot Singh
Blog: http://bhattigurjot.wordpress.com

"It takes a person who is wide awake to make his dream come true." ~
Roger Babson