dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] eSpeakup on Dragora

From: Thiago
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] eSpeakup on Dragora
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 18:34:52 -0200

Em 09/01/2018 18:00, Matias Fonzo escreveu:
On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 13:28:52 -0200
Thiago <address@hidden> wrote:
4. I've added the espeakup_soft module to the kernel.
modprobe speakup_soft
and then started espeakup
espeakup

Is this needed?.
I think eSpeakup needs a way to be started at boot, after the speakup_soft module is inserted on the kernel. I don't know if it's possible to send a command in the boot sequence of the live CD and it will insert the speakup_soft module and start eSpeakup automatically, but if it's possible it would be nice.

When speakup (the screen reader) loads itself on the kernel, it uses an external synthesizer to output text or the system is responsible for starting a bridge to a software synthesizer (eSpeakup in this case). eSpeak and Portaudio are dependencies to make eSpeakup (the software that gets the text from speakup) and speaks it using eSpeak work.

Hope you understood it. It looks complicated at first but it's only a sequence of actions to be performed at the boot time.