[Duplicity-talk] Huge RAM usage

From: Dominic Hargreaves
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Huge RAM usage
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 21:49:18 +0000

Hi,

I've been playing with duplicity with a view to backing up several GB of
data, and have come across a problem of rather high memory use. A test run
of a 3.4GB directory ended up with a duplicity process of 478MB (before I
had to kill it to prevent OOM).

A look through the list archives doesn't bring up any mention of this
issue, so not sure if it's just a limitation of the current design or a bug.
Can anyone shed any light on this? The system is a Debian woody system --
backup is to a file:/// target.

Otherwise, looks like just the ticket for my need (backup of a collocated
machine to another box in the same rack)

Cheers,

Dom.