[Duplicity-talk] multi-level diffs; deletions

From: Dan Christensen
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] multi-level diffs; deletions
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 23:53:27 -0500

[Please cc me on replies if possible as I'm not (yet) subscribed.
I'll also check the archives for the next few days.]

I'm considering using duplicity for my backups, and have a couple of
questions.

1) From what I've read, duplicity only supports full backups and
   one level of differential backups.  Is adding one (or more)
   additional levels of differential backups something that
   might happen in the near future?

   [In case it's not clear what I mean:  a level 0 backup is a
   full backup, and a level n backup is relative to the last
   level n-1 backup.]

2) The documentation says that deletions are stored as zero-length
   files in the tar archive.  Are they flagged in some way to
   differentiate them from zero-length files that haven't been
   deleted?

3) In the case of a complete disk failure, what's the recommended
   way to do a full restore?  Is there a duplicity rescue-disk?

Thanks,

Dan

--
Dan Christensen