Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity over rsync

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity over rsync
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:45:41 -0700

  SW>  I am not a python programmer, so please excuse me if I am off
  SW> track, = but I think I found a problem using rsync as the
  SW> transfer agent (0.4.1) I use rsync 2.5.6 under cygwin, to a
  SW> backend rsync 2.5.6 under linux.

  SW>  In my case, in backends.py class rsync
  SW> doesnt work,=20 I have figured that actually my rsync listing
  SW> must return different to = whomever designed the patch :
  SW> It just depends on how rsync decides to list the files, I
  SW> couldnt find = out if you could tell rsync to list in a
  SW> particular format or not ?

  SW> Anyhow, thought this might be useful to know, and maybe someone
  SW> could = suggest how to modify the split function - in python, is
  SW> it possible to = do a regexp ?? ;)

Sebastian Wilhelmi added the rsync backend support.  I don't know if
he is still on the list or what the issues are with rsync.  What are
the various formats that rsync can return file lists in?

Python has regexps, as you suspected:

~ $ python
Python 2.2.1 (#1, Aug 30 2002, 12:15:30)
[GCC 3.2 20020822 (Red Hat Linux Rawhide 3.2-4)] on linux2
>>> import re
>>> m = re.search('i.*is', 'mississippi')
>>> m
<_sre.SRE_Match object at 0x815b320>
>>> m.group(0)
'issis'