[Duplicity-talk] Version 0.4.2 released

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Version 0.4.2 released
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:12:49 -0600

After a much too long wait, version 0.4.2 is released at
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/duplicity/. There's nothing
too exiting, but a few things are fixed that have been bugging me and
others.

As I posted a little while ago, I intend to vet and check-in patches
that other people add, but I don't plan to actively fix bugs or add
features by myself unless they affect me personally.

>From the CHANGELOG:

New in v0.4.2 (2006/02/02)
--------------------------

Mathias de Riese's substantial patch or patches appear to have been
applied to CVS years ago, but not released yet.  Sorry about that.

Followed suggestion by David Rigel, make user type passphrase twice to
confirm.

Eric Hanchrow's patch makes sure duplicity deletes older signatures
when using --remove-older-than.

Jiri Taylor's patch may fix some scp/sftp problems.

asdf's patch makes sure uids or gids over 2097151 don't corrupt the
tarfiles.

Cleaned up and documented --collection-status option, which lists the
backup chains and sets found in the repository.

FTP error 450 when listing a directory now understood to mean the
directory is empty (duplicity will not exit with error).

--remove-older-than now cannot delete the active backup chain, even if
you specify a time later than the chain (e.g. "--remove-older-than
now").

--
Ben Escoto