Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error when running as a daily job

From: Michael Johnson
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Error when running as a daily job
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:40:47 -0400

On Jun 7, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Michael Johnson wrote:

On Jun 7, 2006, at 3:59 PM, Tom Finnigan wrote:

I have a duplicity backup set up to run nightly.
I'm using OSX 10.4, Python 2.3.5, and duplicity built from source 0.4.2.

My problem is that when I su to root and run the script from a
terminal, everything works fine.
However, it doesn't run at night. Checking my logs, here is the stack trace:

You have the exact problem I'm seeing on my RHEL boxes. I have to run this stuff by hand for now until it gets fixed. Sadly, the developer says he doesn't know why the problem is there. You can try this patch:

<http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/duplicity/duplicity/ collections.py? root=duplicity&r1=1.10&r2=1.11&makepatch=1&diff_format=u>

It didn't work for me and I still run them by hand. I really need a fix for this soon. I'm looking for a different solution in the mean time.

It was suggested to me that I try the CVS version of the application. I finally got around to doing that, and now have this problem:

Fatal Error: Neither remote nor local manifest readable.

Again, when I run this by hand, it works fine using the very same binary (CVS).

-Michael

Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

                    --G.B. Shaw